Synthetic Chemist – Expert on library & PROTAC synthesis
Do you have hands-on experience and a deep expertise with the synthesis of chemical libraries? Are you interested to further push the boundaries of automated and parallel synthesis at a company that is committed to lifelong learning, growth and development? Welcome to AstraZeneca!
What we need:
We are seeking a specialized Synthetic Chemist to our client AstraZeneca that will play an important part in their iLAB team, focusing on the synthesis of chemical libraries. You have the opportunity to drive and extend the parallel synthesis capabilities within a state-of-the-art automation platform at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg and directly impact drug discovery projects across various therapeutic areas. They are a global, science-led BioPharmaceutical business and their innovative medicines are used by millions of patients worldwide. With their ground-breaking pipeline comes a bright future - a secure job, exciting opportunities and varied work. You will be valued. Not only for your unique contribution, skills and background, but because they recognize people are their greatest asset. AstraZeneca are dedicated to being a Great Place to Work.
What you will do:
This is an exciting role where you will drive the application of cutting-edge synthetic methodologies in the context of automated chemistry using robotic equipment at the AstraZeneca iLab in Gothenburg. You will synthesize chemical libraries working in close collaboration with drug hunters across various scientific disciplines to change the way we pursue drug discovery. You will work at the intersection of modern hit-finding technologies and parallel medicinal chemistry. You will furthermore contribute to the continuous improvement of the iLab by evaluating and incorporating new synthesis technologies. In your daily work you will troubleshoot laboratory-based problems and make a significant contribution to the delivery of the team. As Synthetic Chemist, you will maintain access to the best internal and external science and enhance business reputation internally and externally through peer-reviewed publications and oral/poster presentations.
Essential for the role:
You’re a chemist with a track record of applying innovative chemistry solutions, with resulting impact in project delivery. You also have:
• Ph.D. in chemistry with relevant experience in synthetic organic chemistry or M.Sc. with minimum 5 years of experience in synthetic organic chemistry.
• Hands-on experience with library synthesis and automated synthesis is highly desirable.
• Expertise in theoretical and practical organic synthesis, retrosynthesis, compound route design, purification and analytical sciences.
• Expertise in liquid handling technologies is a plus.
• Knowledge of targeted protein degradation (PROTACs, molecular glues) is highly desirable.
• Advanced knowledge of modern chemical literature, chemical technologies and applying new ideas to project delivery.
• A track record of driving innovation in chemistry related sciences.
The successful candidate should be motivated to work effectively in hardworking teams and demonstrate ability to work across scientific fields to get results. We also believe that our candidate will have effective levels of communication, a scientific drive and a high interest in working with organic chemistry and molecular biology techniques.
Desirable in the role:
• Experience in the development of modern synthetic transformations.
• Experience in reaction optimization.
• Experience in the analysis and visualization of data.
• Knowledge in designing high-throughput chemistry and/or library synthesis experiments using bespoke design software. • Knowledge of medicinal chemistry.
• Knowledge of modern drug modalities in the context of targeted protein degradation
We also believe that the successful candidate will have a detailed understanding of the chemical sciences and how they contribute and influence drug discovery together with knowledge of the drug discovery process.
Does this sound like your next challenge? Apply today! #900075
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Jafari Alireza, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Stockholm