Hays Life Sciences is now looking to recruit a Research Scientist / Senior Research Scientist – NGS and Molecular Biology to join the Applied Stem Cell Sciences in Discovery Sciences team for a 9-month contract assignment at AstraZeneca in Gothenburg.
Are you an experienced scientist in the field of NGS applications and molecular biology? Would you like to use your scientific skills to support development of new therapeutics? This might be the next challenge for you!
At AstraZeneca in Gothenburg, Sweden we have an exciting opportunity for you to join us in the Applied Stem Cell Sciences in Discovery Sciences, Biopharmaceuticals R&D, as a bench-based Research Scientist to support NGS applications across multiple projects.
You will be based in Gothenburg Sweden, working alongside our stem cell scientists, disease area specialists and genome editing groups. The role is focused on laboratory-based activities. Your biggest impact will be through significant contributions to the practical delivery to projects in compliance with AstraZeneca corporate responsibility policies and relevant safety standards.
It is essential to have good social and communication skills, be collaborative and a strong team player. Candidates should be able to work independently, take own initiatives and have a positive, goal oriented and problem-solving attitude.
Good organizational, data management and documentation skills are required, and you should be comfortable in presenting your results. English language is required, both spoken and in writing.
- Develop and troubleshoot protocols using molecular biology techniques including RT-PCR, cDNA generation, qPCR, primer design, and ddPCR.
- Execute sequencing of large number of samples
- Assist with the development of new sequencing and molecular biology approaches from bulk and single cells
- Document and summarize results that are clear and actionable
- Required Skills & Experience
- Recent M. S. or B. S. in Molecular Biology with 2+ years of relevant experience in a research or industry position
- Strong experience with molecular biology techniques: PCR, RT-PCR and NGS library preparation including RNA-seq and DNA-seq
- Use of molecular biology techniques with low sample inputs, such as single cells.
- Demonstrable expertise with NGS sequencing platforms including Illumina sequencing.
- Expertise with liquid handling automation technologies
- Excellent collaboration and interpersonal skills to work well with scientists from divergent backgrounds
Additional Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with tools to analyze NGS data and the ability to perform data management functions in R or Python
- Experience in molecular cloning and plasmid purification
- Experience with mammalian cell culture