Your new company
BioLamina AB is a Swedish biotechnology company built on a scientific foundation and a legacy in matrix biology and cell culture-based research. Our flagship products, our biorelevant human recombinant laminin isoforms, Biolaminin®, are defined cell culture matrices that successfully imitate the natural, cell-specific cellmatrix interaction in the cell culture dish, allowing cells to thrive and maintain their function. Our products are a powerful resource for scientists working with stem cells and primary cells both within basic research as well as in regenerative medicine companies with a focus on cell therapy applications.
For more information: www.biolamina.com
Your new role
In the role of Facility Operations Manager, you are overall responsible for the facility operations function on the site. Currently, this role is the only one in the function, but as the organization and operations grow, you will likely need to add positions to the function, recruiting new staff that reports to you. You report to the Head of Production, and you are a member of the operational leadership team.
In the role, you will:
What you'll need to succeed
- Be the main point of contact for facility related errands with landlord
- Overall responsible of equipment and facility maintenance according to SOP.
- System owner of Utilities systems such as HVAC, gas-station, FMS, water etc.
- Outside office hour on call service
- Manage purchases and installation of necessary equipment, parts, and materials.
- Coordinate new equipment installations, responsible for maintaining compliance with our Quality system.
- Keeping track of service agreements and their associated costs. Follow up costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Contact and price negotiations with equipment maintenance service suppliers.
- Manage contracts for facilities services ensuring supplier compliance.
- Ensuring facility is appropriate for use, and managing changes needed to the facility.
- Ensuring SOPs and lnstructions regarding facility, equipment is in place and up to date. Manage equipment register.
- Assist with on-site inspections and audits from third parties.
- Fire protection officer - ensuring company is compliant to fire safety legislation.
- Collaborate with other departments to provide input on equipment needs and requirements of products. lnitiates, establishes, and maintains effective work relationships with all departments
- An academic degree (B.Sc. or higher) within Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering.
- a minimum 5-10 years of corresponding working experience.
- Experience from working in controlled production environment (such as GMP, or similar), with clean room requirements.
- Ability to document requirement specifications and risk analyses.
You will benefit from:
- Independence – being able to drive and deliver in the role based on the set strategy and operational plan.
- Being good at setting requirements,
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to run a cost analysis
as well as:
- A “doer” attitude
- Coordination skills
- Previous experience as a ”System owner”
- It is an advantage to understand the basics of a facility monitoring system, as the role will be responsible and primary contact with the supplier.
- Experience from facilities related tasks and responsibilities, and requirements for support systems in a controlled environment (e.g. purified water).
You are likely a generalist with the potential and ambition to develop into a manager position. Maybe you are currently working within facility operations management in a larger organization within the pharma industry and wants a chance to develop and make an larger impact for the organisation?You have a good self-drive and are a team player, able to work and collaborate successfully with different type of people across functions and organizations. You are good at communicating (in both English and Swedish), a good listener, and have a thing for project management.
What you get
This is a great chance for someone with experience from facility operations management from a larger organization to be able to take on a larger scope and more overall responsibility. You will be able to work cross-functionally within a Swedish biotechnology company with exciting products/business, and have an impact on its operations. As the organization and operations grow, you have the chance to grow with it, and develop into a manager position as you start to build a facilities team.
What you need to do now
In this recruitment, BioLamina is partnering with Hays.Applications will be processed as they come, so if you are interested in the role, don’t hesitate to submit your application today - click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #900014